Birth and Baby Class
About The Peaceful Birth Class
Peaceful Birth Class
Class includes Breastfeeding and Newborn Care
Instructor - Cheryl Orengo, BS, ICCE
In these trying times you want your pregnancy and birth to be as normal as possible. I am teaching one virtual Zoom, Saturday class each month. Pregnancy is a time to nurture yourself and get ready for labor, birth and your newborn baby. This 6.5 hour class will help you to be a stronger, more confident laboring woman and will help you and your birth partner work together during labor & birth and with your newborn.
I have been teaching childbirth education for 36 years, led hundreds and hundreds of doula clients through labor and birth for over 33 years and I trained doulas for DONA for 17 years so I can teach you the methods I taught my doula students.
I can't promise you an easy birth, no one can, I can't promise that you will not have pain, no one can, but I can ease your fear of the unknown, and give you the tools to have a joyous birth no matter what situation arises.
This class will give you the tools to have a joyous birth and an easier postpartum creating happy memories of your first weeks with your newborn.
To learn more about having a joyous and empowering birth watch a
One Day Peaceful Birth Class - learn to be a strong, confident, laboring woman so you can have the best birth possible with your trained birth partner!
12 - 6:30pm one Zoom Saturday Class each month
Class Schedule for the next few months:
Next class Jan. 2022
The Peaceful Birth Class includes the following:
• important information about late pregnancy
• the process of labor and birth
• practice labor positions and comfort measures for an easier labor and a labor that progresses well (such as in the photo below)
• medical procedures explained
• preparing for the day you give birth including: birth preferences and where the labor floor is located.
• what to expect at the hospital due to Covid-19
• postpartum and newborn care - breastfeeding, methods to quiet a crying baby, baby wearing lessons and great films.
• your class fee includes: the 6 hour class, a complete syllabus of the class content and homework you can do with my class book (order on Amazon or purchase at a bookstore in Asheville NC, Malaprops.)
• Questions? Call Cheryl at 828-776-3327
Fees for the virtual one day class:
$90 for the one day class per couple and family members (and $50 for women with Medicaid or other hardship)
The fee includes: a 6.5 hour class and a complete 10 page syllabus of the class which includes homework based on the best book available for expectant parents -- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn - Author Penny Simkin 2018. I strongly suggest that you purchase this book for class homework. The book is available from Amazon and at Malaprops in downtown Asheville NC. but it is not necessary to attend the class.
Questions about the above class? Call Cheryl at 828-776-3327
Peaceful Beginning © 2016