Birth and Baby Class
About The Peaceful Birth Class
Peaceful Birth Class
Class includes Breastfeeding and Newborn Care
Instructor - Cheryl Orengo, BS, ICCE
In these trying times you want your pregnancy and birth to be as normal as possible. I am teaching one virtual Zoom, Saturday class each month. Pregnancy is a time to nurture yourself and get ready for labor, birth and your newborn baby. This 6 hour class will help you to be a stronger, more confident laboring woman and will help you and your birth partner work together during labor & birth and with your newborn.
I have been teaching childbirth education for 35 years, led hundreds and hundreds of doula clients through labor and birth for over 33 years and I trained doulas for DONA for 17 years so I can teach you the methods I taught my doula students.
I can't promise you an easy birth, no one can, I can't promise that you will not have pain, no one can, but I can ease your fear of the unknown, and give you the tools to have a joyous birth no matter what situation arises. You can't plan birth but you can learn to be a strong laboring woman and your partner can learn how to help you so you can have the most peaceful birth possible.
To learn more about having a joyous and empowering birth watch a
One Day Peaceful Birth Class - learn to be a strong, confident, laboring woman so you can have the best birth possible with your trained birth partner!
12 - 6:00pm one Zoom Saturday Class each month
Class Schedule for the next few months:
March 6 - cancelled
The Peaceful Birth Class includes the following:
• important information about late pregnancy
• the process of labor and birth
• practice labor positions and comfort measures for an easier labor and a labor that progresses well (such as in the photo below)
• medical procedures
• preparing for the day you give birth including: birth preferences, what to pack and where the labor floor is located.
• what to expect at the hospital due to covid-19
• postpartum and newborn care - breastfeeding, methods to quiet a crying baby, baby wearing lessons and great films.
• your class fee includes: the 6 hour class, a complete syllabus of the class content and homework you can do with my class book (order on Amazon) and a DVD about baby care.
• Questions? Call Cheryl at 828-776-3327
Fees for the virtual, live one day class:
$90 for the one day class per couple or family member (and $50 for women with Medicaid or other hardship) The fee includes: a 6 hour class, a DVD about newborn parenting, and a complete syllabus of the class. I work from the best book available for expectant parents -- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn - Author Penny Simkin 2018. I strongly suggest that you order the book it is available from the following businesses:
Available on Amazon and at Malaprops in downtown Asheville NC.
Questions about the above class? Call Cheryl at 828-776-3327
Peaceful Beginning © 2016